From 1st July the seasonal footpaths are open Sundays only until the 26th September, when they will close for the winter season.
Limited car parking is available in a dedicated car park at Bowes Business Park, there will be a £3 charge for car parking.
The routes are open daily until the 30th June from 9am until 6pm (last access 5pm) after which, they will be open on Sundays only until the 26th September.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
Lambton Park has played host to a wide variety of educational visits over the years, with visitors enjoying both cultural and historical insights into what goes on behind the scenes of this ever-evolving estate.
Visits have included individuals and groups interested in:
- • Careers in the rural community
- • History of the estate (For historical societies as the estate is a prime example of a property maintained by the same family over several generations)
- • Wildlife and game conservancy
- • Historic house preservation (For organisations interested in acquiring the knowledge as to how listed buildings can survive and adapt in the modern world)
- • Decorative arts (For educational groups specialising in the decorative arts)
- • Schools (Children meet the estate staff and are shown a working farm, woodlands, a castle, a manor house, animals and all the aspects that contribute to making the estate what it is)